536 The Alameda
Discreetly nestled in the Thousand Oaks neighborhood of North Berkeley, 536 The Alameda has been lovingly remodeled with careful consideration from a classic traditional into a modern open-concept home. The interior elevator access from the garage and inside the home allows for the comforts of a level-in home from the street and one-level living once inside the home for mutli-generation shared lifestyle.
Two expansive decks extends the indoor-outdoor living on two levels of the house. The main level has been made modern. The Great Room flow of living room, dining room and kitchen opens to the large slate deck of year-round al fresco dining wiith gorgeous sunsets over Mt. Tam and the Bay. Three bedrooms (including master suite) and full bath are all on one floor, conveniently accessed by the elevator.
Lower level has a large family room that opens to a large deck for outdoor entertaining. A kitchenette, two generous bedrooms and full bath (wheel-chair accessible shower) can also function as an ADU or in-law suite with separate exterior access.
The mature landscaping of the large lot (just under 8,000 sq.ft. approx) creates a secret oasis and gentle get-a-away while staying at home.
A private space in a much sought-after neighborhood, this home is next to the walking trails through the Berkeley Hills, within easy access to Solano Avenue for restaurants and local shops. BART and local transit to downtown Berkeley and UC Berkeley campus is close by.
- 5 bedrooms | 2.5 baths | 1 car parking
- Convenient off-street parking
- Elevator makes for easy "one-level living"
- Remodeled Berkeley Classic into Modern Open Concept with mid-century look and feel
- Three (3) bedrooms all on one level
- Can be used as In-Law suite with separate access
- Large family room w/access to deck
- Two expansive decks for indoor-outdoor lifestyle
- Great separation of spaces makes for multi-generation living
- Easy access to Solano Avenue, downtown Berkeley, UCBerkeley Campus, BART or freeway to San Francisco.